Dear Reader, this is a postscript (PS) to my Volume III of “A Hail Mary pass – for all Catholics not fully practicing their faith.” Volume IV is coming – stay-tuned!
In 2012, Good Friday will be the day of the full moon. Each and every year, the Catholic Church sets the date of Easter for the whole world. Easter, the first Sunday following the first full moon that occurs after the spring equinox is the most glorious and most incredible day when we celebrate the Anniversary of the Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ!
Anyway, in the Holy Gospels, we hear about the darkening of the Earth, on that Good Friday, from about noon till three o’clock in the afternoon. Furthermore, in the Acts of the Apostles, the Apostle Peter mentions in the context of a prophecy from Joel that, “the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood.”
The “blood” moon refers to the reddish color of the moon when it is in an eclipse. The three hours of darkness, during the Crucifixion of Jesus, is a super-miraculous event because a solar eclipse does not last but a few minutes. And, a solar eclipse never occurs during a full moon/lunar eclipse, which is what Peter is describing.
Anyway, that First Good Friday mirrors our Good Friday 2012 because a full moon is set to occur. In addition, Good Friday 2012 is the First Friday of the month, which is dedicated to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Continuing, Good Friday 2012, like all Good Fridays since the reign of Pope John Paul II, begins the Divine Mercy Novena.
Dear Reader, in His promise to us, through St. Faustina, Jesus vows that everyone, who prays the Divine Mercy Chaplet beginning on Good Friday and completing it on the Saturday, in the Octave of Easter, goes to the Sacrament of Reconciliation with a truly contrite heart, and then, receives the Most Blessed Sacrament on the Divine Mercy Sunday (April 15) will obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment!
On June 29, 2002, the Apostolic Penitentiary of the Holy See promulgated a decree creating new indulgences that may be gained by the faithful in connection with the celebration of Divine Mercy Sunday. In addition, by this Divine Mercy Novena, Jesus will grant every possible Grace to souls, especially to the sick and dying! Three o’clock is the Hour of the Divine Mercy of Jesus! The Divine Mercy Chaplet takes about 15 minutes to pray!
Dear Reader, I continue to echo; may I be likened to a glow-in-the-darkness Rosary!
PPS: The Fifteen Promises of the Virgin Mary to those who recite the Rosary:
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive Signal Graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God. It will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things.
5. The soul, which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying him or herself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him or her in His Justice. He or she shall not perish by an unprovided death. If he or she be just, then he or she shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the Plentitude of His Graces. At the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of Glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my children, and brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
PPPS: The ABCs of Divine Mercy: Ask for the Mercy of Jesus! Be Merciful to others! Completely Trust in Jesus!
PPPPS: Pray, Dear Reader, for the “Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary” to be accomplished, soon!!!
PPPPPS: Pope Benedict XVI, requested that Cuba declare that Good Friday be a National Holiday. Well, may the whole world, especially the United States of America, declare it so! I do!
PPPPPPS: Remember, Dear Reader, that all our “Good” Fridays, our passions and our sorrows, always precede our Joyful Easters!
Stay-tuned for, “The Burning & Shining Lamp” my first echo of Volume IV, on Thursday, April 19.
Peace & JAMLY,